Sunday, August 17, 2008

Do You Love Indonesia?

Indonesia: Do you love me?
Me: Why suddenly asking? What for?
Indonesia: Just answer the question? Do you love me?
Me: But... what for?
Indonesia: I don't know, I just have this odd feeling that you have no crush on me left.
Me: How can you say that?
Indonesia: Do you?
Me: Ehmm... I don't know to say this, but.. but.. you're right
Indonesia: I knew it, I knew it, you just changed
Me: I don't know, it's just happen
Indonesia: But you were love me
Me: Yes, I know, but it's just disappear
Indonesia: How could you love me that time?
Me: I don't know, my friends love you, all my lecturers, all my communities love you, and I don't know, there, I just start loving you. But now, I'm no longer that kind of friends, that kind of spirit developers to love you. I just don't love you no more.
Indonesia: But, why? So you love me because of elses...
Me: Yes, It's true. I'm sorry.
Indonesia: So, to whom your love now is?
Me: I.. I.. I love my self. I love me. I love my life. I love my friend. I love my Job. I love anything about me.
Indonesia: Have you really loved me?
Me: I don't know. I'm sorry.
Indonesia: Is there any chance for you to love me back?
Me: I don't know, I love my self to much, and I don't think I like it if my life is disturbed.
Indonesia: Gosh, It's just hurt to hear that.
Me: I'm sorry. I'm just being honest.
Indonesia: Yeah. But you always said you love me. You work for me. You do your job for me.
Me: Yeah, I thought I love you. I'm doing my Job for other people
Indonesia: Yeah, but my people.
Me: I don't know. I think I'll do it for every one, every people.
Indonesia: I count it as your fight with me.
Me: Up to you, but I don't think it's true. It's just make you hurt more.
Indonesia: Don't you remember how hard I got my Independence? All of your former fathers. All of those heroes?
Me: I.. honestly, I don't care with it.
Indonesia: For God sake, Don't you want to love me?!
Me: I don't know. I love my life too much right now.
Indonesia: Yeah, but a shallow life.
Me: Yes, it's true. But I love it. I don't know if I can get out of it.
Indonesia: Don't you want to fight for me, so I can be famous all around the world.
Me: I do want to, but I don't know how.
Indonesia: You can do what you always do for me.
Me: What?
Indonesia: Your prayers. Every night.
Me: Hmmh.. you know I rarely pray right now.
Indonesia: Yeah, I know it. But please, every time you pray, please remember me. I'm very blessed with it.
Me: Okay. I'll remember you. I hope for.
Indonesia: Thank you. I just hope God will change you lot, so you can fight back for me. You're just a very good person. I'll be loosing you if you don't come back soon.
Me: Yeah, I hope that too. I hope I can let go my ego soon and back to the real fight for this country.
Indonesia: Yeah. I pray for that. So you can come back to me.
Me: Thanks.
Indonesia: I'll be waiting you; faithfully.

Happy Independence Day Indonesia, the 63th. God bless you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a wise man once said:
Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country instead.
Sounds a bit hypocrite, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

@Taufan:

It depends of what you are