Thursday, August 07, 2008

Books Which I Read Now

I read two books these days. Actually I never read two books at the same time. This is because I was bored with the 1st book-no offense to Mr. Hirata, the writer. That's why I chose to buy a new book to read. A book which I believe will be more valuable for my life and my soul.


The 1st book which I read now is Laskar Pelangi. Everybody knows this book. But honestly, I really get bored reading this book. Actually I already start to read this book since a month ago, but then I stopped, until now I never continue read it again. I don't know, I just think that too much explanation there in that book. Too much description. The story itself, I loose the story. The power of this book, in my opinion, is in the story. But I don't know the writer seems to bring forward of the scientific things, which I don't really need it. Yeah, that's the words: I don't need it. Maybe that's why I'm getting bored. Maybe later on if I continue to read this book, I will do some jump-reading (gosh, I hate it) to chase only for the story.

The 2nd book which I read is titled Know Why You Believe, by Paul E Little. The reason why I choose this book is nothing. I have no particular reason to choose this book. Ehmm... but maybe I have peculiar reason choosing this book. That was Sunday noon when I wait for my friend finished her Sunday Service. I waited her in a book store. Then, I search for English Book, Christian Rack, then I found it, the book which was the cheapest among all those Christian Books in English, Hahahahahhahaa. But I'm still hoping this book could blesses me much.

As I am a lazy reader, I supposed to read this book, maybe in two (2) or three (3) months. If, I succeeded. If not, just like The Beatles say: Let it be!

1 comment:

Rince said...

Kok kita setipe ya, a lazy reader :p