Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Listening (lesson from film Sydney White)

As you all know, good thing can be gained from film right? Right!

This time, I had just finished Sydney White.

From so many Hollywood film I’ve watched I might got the predicate of “Ouwh… it’s just such a girl film”. But I do not care. I like that kind of film. Easy with less contain and can make me smile through all the play hours.

Back to this film, Sydney White is telling us about being frankly a very-such-never-built-society. But I like the idea, that every one actually is a dork, and through the life we always work how to fit in. So this is Sydney started her political practice. She beat Rachel by touch even grab the most little society in her campus.

She touch the Jewish entity, Students-Army entity, Drum band entity, Nerd entity, and many else and she hold it very tight. In this film, she delivered to create a very perfect campus society by telling all of them is a dork. I do believe it.

But the greatest lesson from this film is come from the setting where Sydney and all of her colleagues were attending a role-play by a person. Actually this one maybe is the lowest level society here in Indonesia. The person is she-male. This person was performing a Poem 12 chapter made by I-don’t-know, and at the end of his (or her I don’t know) poem Sydney and all of her friends were giving applause to this person.

It was just about 5 seconds appearance, but this 5 seconds succeeded to remind me of Listening some one else. Except Sydney and her 7-dork-friends (very much like a fairy tale huh?), only few people attended that play. I don’t know if it is a good play or not, but

Imagine… if you have prepared of something and people give you huge appreciation about that, will you be feel appreciated? You must huh? I do. Preferably, when I prepare for my song if I choose as a Singer, or my announcement if I choose as Announcer, etc. I believe the feeling that happened for the Poem Reader is the happiness of being listened, of being noticed of else.

Oh be honest, we want a fit society for us to live right? We want our own heaven right?

People need to be listened. People need to be heard.

Answer this question honestly; which part of your body is the most important organ of your life?

If you answer heart, or brain you did the wrong thing as I did.

The most important part of our body is:

Shoulder, to cry on

Ears, to listen

I little bit sorry for my self for it such a long time I never heard else again. Yeah I do listen to them, but as the wind blows, as the story gone by from my memories.

So, start your day by listening. For example: your friend who is in the big trouble maybe. Or just message him/her to ask about that big problem. They maybe will not answer it openly, but at least you try to hear some one else.

No comments: