Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Syesha Mercado

Finally she’s got eliminated from AI show. Since the beginning this singer has captured my heart. I saw her in the 1st audition. She and his big-sharp voice and perfect technique started to annoy me to follow this show. And yet, I followed this AI show only to watch her. Gosh she has a really perfect singing technique.

I even collected all of her mp3s performance on this show. Here are my comments in each song:

- 1st Audition: Freedom. She captured my heart with her high notes without using falsetto. I know it so much; to have that kind of voice I must learn it for years.

- Hollywood week: Chain of Fools. Although her voice was vanished that day, but she still struggled. Even she was using writings for the interview. The result was awesome. She sang very big and sharp like usual. Gosh it was so great. No excuse for a singer. She proved it.

- Tobacco Road. Nice alto. Big low register. Awesome high notes.

- Me & Mr. Jones. I already heard Michael Buble version of this song. I love Michael Buble. But for this song, I definitely like Syesha version. Her crescendo and finish with soft voice; only her could do that among other contestants.

- Saving all my love. Again her beautiful voice with her sharp notes.

- Got to get you into My Life. She proved it, she’s on bit.

- Yesterday. I never love any songs from The Beatles. But since Syesha sang itu, I start to love The Beatles song. She could turn that song to her own music. Listen to it, then you can understand that she is a great singer.

- If I Was Your Woman. What a voice!!! She was so stunning in this song. Full of emotion.

- I Will Always Love You. I agree with Simon on this song. Her first part was so beatuful and soft. But the second part, she must be more grande that that.

- I Believe. The best technique among her performance in this AI season. She was whistling. Only few people can do this. And it’s just for people that really know how to sing. Say it: Mariah Carey, Kelly Clarkson.

- Vanishing. She started to show her emotions in her song. I lover her voice in this song. It seems like listening Whitney Houston singing Mariah song. She proved it in this song that she has wide voice range.

- One Rock & Roll to Many. Broadway style. So pretty, so sexy. On American Idol history, only Syesha could conquered this kind of performance. Gosh, I love her. She met her style.

- Hello. I remember Melinda Doolitle was very suitable in this kind of song. I love her too. And I like it when Syesha sing this kind of song also.

- I Thank U Lord For The Night Time. My best and favorite song that Syesha ever sang in this competition. Her style, her voice, the music, the lyric, the song it self.

- Proud Mary. She proved it. She is a singing actress. Her body is sexy and she dance very sexy. She sang this song like she was in her own concert. It was just like 3 months more practicing, but actually it’s only a week.

- A Change Gonna Come.THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF HER IN THIS SEASON. I saw her like a legendary singer. Like I saw Aretha Franklin was singing.

- If I Ain’t got you. I was so surprised with her ending in this song. What a technique. Only she can do this, in this competition.

- Fever. Her voice was so beautiful. Again, only she can do this on the whole AI competition. What a great singing actress.

- Heat Me Up. Her voice is so suitable with this kind of song also. Very current, very up to date, very fresh.

I start to ask, why my favorites singers in American Idol only finish on 3rd place.

- Elliot Yamin

- Melinda Doolitle

- Syesha Mercado

But, looking Elliot and Melinda now is just such a great soulful singers, I feel no regret to pick them as my favorite’s singer on 5th and 6th AI competition. I believe Syesha will also grow as great singer. Then actually I will not following who will be the next American Idol. I don’t like it anymore. Now this show is turn to be a Popular Contest. Archuletta with so many girls fans because of his cute face. What a show AI right now. Weird!! In past, Constantine Maroulis could not win just because of his cute face, also with Chris Richardson. But now I can’t believe Michael John was eliminated but David Cook wasn’t. Also Carly Smithson was eliminated but David Archuletta not.

But that is a show. I shall not take it too personal actually. Overall, I like this season more than previous season.

2 comments:

Credo said...

Haaa!! Aku jg suka bgt Syesha..
Terutama yg 'I believe' dan 'One Rock n Roll Too Many' (ga ngikutin smua performancenya sih..)

Gosh, pas yg 'I believe' itu, juri2nya itu apa2an sih.. Jelas2 keren bett..

Carly Smithson.. emm, menurutku kok biasa aja ya, hehehe.

Unknown said...

Iya... emang aneh banget deh tuh orang-orang mandang syesha.
Padahal mantab abis kan.