Monday, March 24, 2008

Ulaon Na Badia

Ulaon Na Badia (Batak language) or known as Lord’s Supper is one of two sacraments in Christian Church. The other one is Baptism. The Lord’s Supper is an action to reunite with Christ him self, by memorizing his flesh and blood that was slain at the cross. In this moment we are given a piece of bread an a cup of wine, symbol of Christ flesh and blood, that we’ll eat and drink so we can be one with Christ in mind and soul through the Holy Spirit.

In Lutheran Church, this sacrament only held few in a year. It will be held only in Good Friday, and Christmas. Different with other liturgist church which can held Lord’s Supper once a month. So, it’s kind of special to have the Supper in Lutheran Church. HKBP, my church, is one of Lutheran liturgist Church.

Today, like previous Good Friday, I attend the Supper. This year actually not so much different with many suppers before, it’s just year by year I become more realize how stinky I am and how dirty I am. Time by time all my pride that I am a good person cut off and become extinct, and I am pleasure this way. With this kind of feeling I could really understand what grace is and how much the value of cross sacrifice. By now, I could not merely judge my brothers and sisters all around the world anymore, cause I know, every body has sins. What I believe is, we all struggle to be a good person here, to away from sin as best as we could, and that’s why, in spite of judging others guilty I prefer help others to walk in the good and truth.

That was I, facing Jesus, of course not physically face by face, but spiritually I feel Him there with me. I face Him with all my dirtiness and all the guilty feelings of sins, I face Him spiritually the God it self in front of me. I face Him like a slave since I feel so guilty with so many dark secret of me, that only I and He knows. It was wrong; I should come to him as His son, as I also work as son for Him; just like a son work for the company of his fathers, with all that passion and eagerness to make the Kingdom better and greater.

But honestly, I came like a slave this morning. I just face Him for forgiveness. I know my sins were covered by His blood, but yes I admitted I did sins each day of my life, and that is the time when I helplessly ask Him for forgiveness, as I hurt Him so badly these lately days. God forgive me…

I like being there, The Lord’s Supper. As I can face Him all by my self, even though so much people around and two priests walking tick-tock serves the church. I feel so private with Him in every Supper. I thank God for keep making special moments with Him every day of my life.

No comments: