Friday, July 06, 2007

Fun Office English Class

Since a couple of weeks ago we (core network guys) have an opportunity to study English class. Our Head Department affords these classes in order to improve our ability in English conversation and also grammar. I am desirably always waiting for the next class each day. I do much like this class. Plenty of things I get from this class. Not just English lessons and conversation lessons but also the real characters of every single person in class (or may I can say my seniors and managers; it’s important for the new guy like me), the cultures comparison between Indonesia and other country, the fun in class which can make us forget the hectic day for a while.

Jeff Maling, the director of the class, the person who fully in charge for the class, is the name of our teacher. Every Indonesian people must laugh at him every time they hear his name for the 1st time. But don’t get it wrong, his profession is far a way from his name. Indeed, he has PhD. background; research background in Mechanical Engineering. I found it in small talks with him. He likes to travel everywhere and one of his dreams is living in Asia-something that he already live in now. I definitely agree with him. When we talk about language, we also talk about the culture of the nation. It will help so much. I’m not sure enough actually what the connection between those two things is, but I believe they are pretty close. I like the way his teaching. He tells us a lot about the culture, the differences and also particular things that we don’t understand before. And he has a strong basic to tell all this, he likes to travel everywhere.

We often play games in class. In spite of studying grammar or those writing things the teacher focus us to practice our Indonesian tongue to speak English. I can feel it. It works for me. Hopefully in the end of the session, I have lot of improvement in English. And the most enjoyable thing is we laugh together every time. No boundaries of seniority, experiences, positions. It’s all about game and having fun. For a while we can forget all of our busy days. We drawn together in some dreamlike world and we thank you for that.

I believe when our head department and our manager thought about English class, they never think this far. The price we pay for a class must be very inexpensive considering all of those things we could have.

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

We have visited your blog and we it find of pleasant mas, thanks and regards from Reus - Catalonia - Spain

Unknown said...

Hi Té la mà Maria - Reus, I also have visited your blog. Hmm... very mery artistic. Such a fun and meaningful visiting the blog. However, it's a little bit hard for me to understand the language. But, the photos are amazing.