Saturday, February 04, 2012

Life Is Hard for 30+ Unmarried in Indonesia

Life is hard for 30+ people unmarried in Indonesia. Somehow, whole universe like judging you. You know, like there is something wrong about you. Some questions which usually asked:
1. Are you afraid of commitment?
2. Were your parents divorced?
3. Are you a player?
4. Are you gay?
5. Are you financially insecure?
6. Do you have love problem or something?
And many elses.

The worse thing is, none of them really care. Whole of your surroundings never really ask you, what's your intention of being unmarried in such an old age. Like the whole system against you.

For example, I've tried to explain my intention to one person. Thankfully, he/she understand. Now imagine, almost 100 questions a day, even they come from the same person. Do you really want to explain that much. Energy wasting! Finally, that kind of people will just answered with cliche answer:
1. Soon
or,
2. Just pray for me
even sometimes,
3. I have, I just uninvited you with

Sometimes, I think too many pressure living unmarried in this country. Maybe someday, I will get married, just for avoiding this kind of questions. Might be.

1 comment:

Merlyna said...

get married just to avoid this kind of questions... isn't that what everybody else did? :))

being married at my 30+, i know this situation much too well --i feel lucky i didn't get married when i had my opportunities in early 20s, mid 20s, late 20s, and early 30s. i got married at my right time, perfect time, to a perfect person.

so, hang it there. one day you'll feel lucky you didn't do it in a wrong time.