Friday, September 21, 2012

Consulting Skill Part 1 - Lottemart Case.

My DVD player was broken this morning. Argghhhhh... I hate Chinese!!! I swear I'll never buy Chinese product anymore!!! For the rest of my life. (Haha, kinda imposibble). It's not even two weeks yet. Then, I remember something, if it is not 2 weeks yet, I can return the thing and have a new one.

Then, I came to Lottemart in Gandaria City Mall. The place I bought that DVD Player.

Short story, I came to information and met this young lady. She said, "if you want to return the DVD Player, you need the buying struck." And I said, "Oh crap!! I don't have it anymore". Or, at least you should have a guarantee stamp from Lottemart", she added.

Ok, then I replied:
first, I never being told to keep the receipt buying struck, to return broken thing.
Second, I never being told to have a Lottemart stamp first I bought that thing.

She keep rejecting me!! Without any action she wanted to do for helping me.

Then I asked her to call her Manager. His name is Mardi. The same thing happened with him. He also keep rejecting me. Quite long conversation goes on and on.

Then, I said to my self. This is super crap!! They keep rejecting me without even try. So, I told to the Manager:

"With all due respect Sir, this is just a DVD Player. The price it self is not that expensive. I can just buy a new one easily. But, what you're doing here is keep rejecting me. You are really not a good consultant. Somehow, in this situation I am your customer. And, the first thing you should say is: "I understand you Sir, let me see what I can do". That's it! I will go away and still keep buying in Lottemart if you at least do something to help me. If somehow we can not find a way, it's alright. At least we already try something".

First lesson: CUSTOMER IS YOUR PARTNER, NOT YOUR ENEMY.

After saying that, Mardi, the Manager, seemed awaken. Then he replied: "Alright Pak, I'll try to ask the IT guy".

Then IT guy came. The conclusion is: "It can be solved if we have an administrator IT Password, but it takes a very long processes to have it".

So, I conclude, "if my kind of problem could be solved by you guys easily, will it be a great value add service to customer?"

Then I leave with hesitation whether I will coming back to that supermart or not. Most likely, not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good action. Do not accept the given options as a fact. Fight for you right. R